Tuesday, October 27, 2009

From 8 yards into 1!


From 8 yards into 1!, originally uploaded by Captain Schlumpy.

I decided to try making a muslin underskirt/petticoat thing as a test for a pattern by sugardale. It was fairly straightforward although I had never done any gathering before. I'm in the process of making my own halloween costume this year and working my courage up to make my own clothes out of the vintage patterns I've been scrounging from flea markets and ebay. We'll see how it goes!


WIP x2, originally uploaded by Captain Schlumpy.

Here's a work in progress shot of the petticoat and cape. the gathering is disastrous and I did purchase a ruffler foot for my sewing machine because GOSH! hand gathering takes forever!!
I'm please with how the cape is coming along because I didn't use a pattern. Still to go, waistband and ruffles! Maybe a bow or two? We'll see!

No comments: