Saturday, May 22, 2010

Compelled to try again


Compelled to try again, originally uploaded by Captain Schlumpy.

Another year, another attempt at gardening. Last year between the horrible soil in my yard and the constant rain we had early in the season, my garden did not go over well. Plus, although I'm not new to organic gardening (I don't remember my grandfather ever putting chemicals on his garden) I was trying some new vegetables for me. Cabbage worms were my enemies!!

This year I've built up the boxes with topsoil and manure and planted a lot of things in containers. The mint and the lavender made it through the winter with little help from me and I believe the lavender might bloom this year!

I'm giving it another go, the thought of tomatoes and cucumbers right off the plant and into my kitchen is just too tempting.

No comments: