Thursday, July 8, 2010

Where does your food come from?

I just finished watching Food Inc. and I've got to say it really made me think about where my food comes from, what's in it, and who is producing it. I don't think I'll ever be able to buy meat from a supermarket again to be honest. NO, I'm not going vegan, but I will make a conscious effort to buy local from farmers who practice free range and do not feed their animals corn. Anyway, it is too hot to cook here so dinner is a yummy salad with local lettuce and organic tomatoes and sprouts!

2 comments:

samsonsue said...

Im totally with you on that jennifer - we do exactly the same where we can.

Your salad looks delicious

love sue x

Jennifer said...

Thanks! I really wish I lived near a great farmer's market so I could get all my food direct from the farms. There is a nice one in Manhattan but that requires an hour drive and fighting traffic so I rely on the local section of the grocery store for now!