Friday, September 3, 2010

What's your kitsch?




1. kitsch kitties + 1, 2. 2 Vintage Guecki Plastiskop Houses, 3. A Rather Kitsch Plastic Stag Head, 4. Untitled, 5. Fifi lookin' pretty in pink!, 6. shake it up, 7. KITSCH COCKS !, 8. Contestant Number Two realized a little too late that one should never eat peanut butter and crackers before a whistling competition, 9. Rainbow Vintage Flowers Necklace

I've been thinking about kitsch a bit lately. I confess I have a love of all things slightly tacky. Especially if they happen to be vintage, in the shape of an animal, or plastic. I can't help it! If I happen to be at a flea market or junk shop I am helplessly drawn to the tackiest thing in the place. I have to restrain myself. Otherwise my apartment would be full of tasteless and adorable vintage things that I would have to dust. What about you? What's your favorite kind of kitsch?

No comments: