Sunday, December 12, 2010

Luv-able, Hug-able, and Wearable!

I managed to sneak into the city yesterday to take in the Luv-able & Hug-able (and Wearable) show at Gallery Hanahou. The gallery is small and adorable with one huge window at the end. The show was sponsored by etsy.com which is always a big plus in my book! The staff was cheerful and helpful even though my friend and I popped in as they were in the middle of a workshop. I was there to see some of the entries by people I "know" from flickr and livejournal.

The highlight for me was seeing the works exhibited by Melissa Stanley aka art_lurker on livejournal and moderator of the Cute Plush community I am a member of.


I was also able to see the cute camera ornaments made by one of my flickr contacts, Hine.

Here are a couple of other pieces that I really wanted to take home with me! You can also follow this link to my flickr album for the remainder of the pictures! If you happen to be in New York City I highly recommend checking out the show and possible supporting an independent artist by taking something home with you!

No comments: