Sunday, January 30, 2011

Link!


Link! , originally uploaded by Captain Schlumpy.

another geek craft complete! I love Legend of Zelda! I'm playing Twilight Princess on my wii right now! A friend of mine was feeling a little down, so I finished this up for her yesterday. The design is not mine, I got it online during an image search. This brings me to today's ethical crafting question: How do you feel about borrowing designs? I don't plan to sell this, I didn't create Link or this particular incarnation of him. At the same time, I don't feel as though I am violating the rights of the person who did this design first because a.) They don't own Link either and b.) I will not make a profit off of their design. I feel copyright waters get increasingly murky in the anima/manga/gaming world because of the fan culture surrounding them. Especially anime and manga where there is a tradition of doujinshi in Japan. For those of you who don't know, doujinshi are fan made comics and are usually sold by the creators. The biggest market for them is Comiket (oh how I would love to go!). Anyway, thoughts?

1 comment:

mainer said...

I like your blog. judee from sb