Friday, December 23, 2011

Dear Jill or there's always one I can't finish


Dear Jill, originally uploaded by Captain Schlumpy.

There always seems to be one gift I just can't get finished in time for the holiday. I have good intentions, really I do. I start early. I gather materials together. I set aside time every day to work on things. Something always works against my careful planning. This year it was a combination of leaving my job, moving half way across the US, and not being able to find the correct colors of yarn to use. I owe two people Jayne hats and they won't be done before Sunday. True fans of the TV show Firefly will understand that the hat Jayne receives from his mother has to be the right color or you just shouldn't bother. I'll get them done, and luckily the recipients are the understanding types. True fans are willing to wait for the real deal!

No comments: